Dear SMBE Members,
SMBE is calling for nominations for Best Graduate Student Papers of 2021. These awards provide recognition for outstanding papers in both our SMBE journals, Molecular Biology & Evolution (MBE) and Genome Biology & Evolution (GBE). There will be one Best Graduate Student Paper award for each journal. Like last year, each journal may also name up to 3 ‘honorable mentions’ for outstanding runners-up.
All articles published in the calendar year 2021 are eligible for nomination. This corresponds to papers published in the printed volume 38 in MBE and volume 13 in GBE. Please see below for additional information on eligibility.
Winners will receive a prize each of US$ 500, runners up a prize each of US$ 100.
Eligibility & Nomination
1. All articles published in the two SMBE journals, Molecular Biology & Evolution and Genome Biology & Evolution (one prize for each journal), in the calendar year 2021 are automatically eligible if the final publication date of the nominated paper is not more than two years later than the date of the nominee's Ph.D.
2. The nominated graduate student must be the first author or joint first-author of the nominated paper.
3. An article and its first author can be nominated by anyone; self-nominations are acceptable.
4. A signed letter from the Ph.D. advisor, MSc advisor, or equivalent, confirming that the paper was part of the nominee’s thesis or graduate work is required.
5. The deadline for submitting nominations is June 15, 2022.
How to Enter
Please send the name of the nominee, a scan of the signed advisor letter, and the name of the paper for which the award is to be considered as a SINGLE PDF to email@example.com. Please use the email subject line "MBE/GBE Best Student Paper Nomination", deleting journal name as appropriate.
Continue Reading →
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Comments (0)