Tēnā koutou, hello!
The Society of Molecular Biology and Evolution (SMBE) annual conference will be held as a hybrid conference both onsite in Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland in Aotearoa / New Zealand, and online, from 10-14 July 2022. This conference will be an opportunity for many of us to reconnect and to build new relationships (whanaungatanga, in our Indigenous language, Māori).
We’re delighted to announce that we are now accepting proposals for symposium topics for the 2022 conference. The deadline for symposia applications is 30 November 2021 (23:59 NZT).
Note that as a hybrid conference our symposia will be run live online as well as in-person; speakers, chairs and participants can attend remotely. We encourage symposia that capture the breadth of SMBE membership in terms of research areas, geographical area and diverse participants.
Please visit https://www.smbe2022.org/call-for-symposia/ – to access the submission portal.
Proposals will be reviewed by the committee with around 20-30 topics selected for inclusion within the scientific programme.
- 30 November 2021 (23:59 NZT) – Deadline for symposia applications
- 15 December 2021 – Symposia selection process concludes
- 20 January 2022 – Abstract submission system opens and selected symposia announced to Society
- 20 February 2022 (23:59 NZT) – Abstract submission system closes
- 28 April 2022 – Talks and posters finalized by SMBE reviewers
- Proposals should span the range of interests of SMBE members, including exciting new scientific developments, and should represent the geographic and gender diversity of our membership.
Symposium Proposal Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines before submitting a Symposium Proposal:
- Individuals can only be listed as an organiser for one symposium proposal, although organisers can be listed as an invited speaker on another proposal
Continue Reading →
- Friday, October 22, 2021
- Comments (0)