Dear SMBE Members,
I am writing to solicit nominations for SMBE President-Elect and 2 Councilors whose terms will begin on January 1, 2025. Each of these positions is for a duration of three years.
Council members play important roles in guiding the development of the society, soliciting and implementing programs that support our members, while enriching opportunities for young scientists from around the world. They also have a role in overseeing our two excellent journals (MBE and GBE) as well as our annual meeting, regional meetings, and satellite meetings.
Nominations will be reviewed by the nominations committee who will then put forward a slate of two candidates for each position for vote by the SMBE membership. Past and current council members are listed HERE.
Nominations (self-nominations are welcome) should consist of a brief statement in support of your suggestion (why this nomination, what the nominee can bring to SMBE, work subject, other biographical information). For Presidential nominees please include previous involvement with SMBE.
We ask the nominators to confirm explicitly that the person they are nominating has already confirmed their willingness to run for office.
Please send your nominations to Laurent Duret <email@example.com> and Emmanuelle Lerat <firstname.lastname@example.org> by March 9, 2024.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Secretary of SMBE, on behalf of the Nominations Committee*
*The Nominations Committee is composed as follows:
- Laurent Duret (Chair) Lab. Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive, Univ of Lyon, France
- Soojin Yi University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Mehmet Somel Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Matt Webster Uppsala University, Sweden
- Ellen Leffler University of Utah, USA
- Yoko Satta Research Center for Integrative Evolutionary Science, SOKENDAI, Japan
- Emmanuelle Lerat (ex officio), Lab. Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive, Univ of Lyon, France