SMBE is calling for nominations for Best Graduate Student Paper of 2018.
These awards provide recognition for outstanding student papers in both SMBE journals.
All articles published in the calendar year 2018 in the two SMBE journals, Molecular Biology & Evolution (MBE) and Genome Biology & Evolution (GBE), are eligible for nomination. This corresponds to papers published in the printed volume 35 in MBE and volume 10 in GBE.
The best student paper winners will be given a certificate, a prize of $2,000 and a travel award to the next annual meeting.
Eligibility & Nomination
1. All articles published in the two SMBE journals, Molecular Biology & Evolution and Genome Biology & Evolution (one prize for each journal), in the calendar year 2018 are automatically eligible if the final publication date of the nominated paper is not more than two years later than the date of the nominee's PhD.
2. The nominated early-stage researcher must be the first author or joint first-author of the nominated paper.
3. An article and its first author can be nominated by anyone, including the first author.
4. A signed letter from the PhD advisor, MSc advisor, or equivalent, confirming that the paper was part of the nominee’s thesis or graduate work is required.
5. The deadline for submitting nominations is March 11, 2019.
How to Enter
Please send the name of the nominee, a scan of the signed advisor letter, and the name of the paper for which the award is to be considered as a SINGLE PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email subject line "MBE/GBE Best Student Paper Nomination", deleting journal name as appropriate.