We are pleased to announce the SMBE Interdisciplinary Symposium on Population Genomics of Mobile DNA, to be held as part of the FASEB Mobile DNA Conference on June 23-28, 2019, in Palm Springs, California.
The conference will bring together researchers studying all aspects of transposable element biology in any taxon, ranging from direct impacts on genome structure to regulatory innovations to the role mobile DNAs play in the realm of human health.
Conference sessions will present the latest research findings and foster engaging discussion on:
· - Comparative genomics of transposable elements,
· - Mobile DNA defense and regulation,
· - Mobile DNA epigenetics and gene regulation,
· - Mobilization mechanisms,
· - Mobile DNA and the environment,
· - Population genomics of mobile DNA.
The SMBE Interdisciplinary Symposium on Population Genomics of Mobile DNA will take place on June 25, 2019. It will feature talks from invited speakers and participants. In addition, a poster session will be held to provide additional opportunities for attendants to present their research. Confirmed invited speakers for the SMBE Interdisciplinary Symposium include:
· - Josefa Gonzalez (CSIC-Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain) will speak on the contribution of transposable
element insertions to environmental adaptation,
· - Stéphane Boissinot (New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE) will speak on population genomics of
transposable elements across vertebrates.
Continue Reading →